Friday, January 7, 2011

SERIOUSLY!!!

OK people....I am going nuts! It has been rush, rush, rush the past few months. So to up to date you on I will recap my life over the holidays.

Halloween miss Eve (my 9year old) decided to finally do swimming lessons and during this ritual twice a week I though it would be a good idea to indulge in my creative skills. My Jackson who is 6 wanted to be a shark for Halloween and not just any shark, but a HAMMERHEAD shark! This was quite the task to find a pattern which resulted in a big fat 0!! I decided to make a pattern and make it all up in my head and it turned out so AWESOME!! If I do say so myself...I WILL boast about this one. And then Eve wanted to be a vampire, but a tween-ish styled one. It is VERY hard to find anything that is not skanky. In the end I think it all worked out. I made her a fun medieval style cloak that is reversible black and deep purple. IF I do one costume, why not more? lol Oh yeah, I did...mine too! I was MASQUERADE ALICE IN WONDERLAND and it was wonderful ;)!! I had so much fun making it and dressing up, fake eyelashes and all. I think that I will make this a tradition of crazy family themes next time.

Well, lets see...um there has been the daunting task that IS my in-laws kitchen remodel that I have been in charge of. This is limitless! I have really had to back up and think realistically and it has been great since. The kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!! And everyone who has seen the cupboards (which I did BY HAND!)has said how much they loved them. The question overall is.. DO I WANT TO DO THIS AS A CAREER? I know that I could, but stress wise could I manage it? ALTHOUGH I soooo love to design. I am thinking quite seriously about this matter, but my hubby needs to get his stuff in order first before I plunge into anything. I might however take some courses on the side for fun and to feed my creative hunger.

I have been on a quest lately of picking up designing books lately that I find on sale and I am hoping that this will do for now, because there is nothing that I can do for myself yet and it looks like it will be a little while yet too. Transition PLEASE be good to me!

So Thanksgiving came and went and then it was time for my baby's 3rd birthday. TEAR..SNIFF..SNIFF!!!
However we did have something to look forward to DISNEY WORLD/KEY WEST! Yep right on his birthday too. We went for about a two weeks and had a blast, but most of all it was best because my husband and I celebrated our 10TH ANNIVERSARY! Man it has flown by and at times not so much. he,he,he
We have definitely been through A LOT together and are going on 13 years of being with each other. Yes my hubby and I where not the typical LDS couple, 3 years is an eternity in Mormon dating to marriage time.

So we returned in time for the rush of Christmas season. I actually enjoyed it this year and I cherished the moments I had with my family. We watched I don't even know how many umpteen amount of Christmas movies. I think we watched Christmas with the Kranks about 5 times... I LOVE THIS MOVIE! And then we introduced our kiddos to the wonderfully awesome HOME ALONE MOVIES..first 2. When we went to the airport for Florida we loved to reenact the airport scenes....K E V I N !!!!!!!!!!
The kids got WAY more than what was originally planned, I think they got a hold of the list :/ Oh and the big projects for Christmas amongst the madness was making my 2 boys their special quilts. YES that was me Christmas Eve a mad woman on the sewing machine...soooo thankful I didn't brake it or I would've had a breakdown. So for My little one Manti I never made him his first year blanket like I did with my other two, I only thought it was fair to FINALLY make him his own. So for his it was all about the loves of his 3 year life so far. Being the OCD perfectionist that I am I had to capture every single thing that I could think of. The quilt is nothing short of SPECTACULAR!!!And I even quilted it too. And then there was Big Guy Jackson's, he had asked me in the summer to make him a cowboy blanket and I said I didn't know and we never talked about it after that. The blanket I made him for his 1st bday he uses every night so I thought why not a big throw? So sneakily I conspired to make this nostalgic cowboy quilt that hopefully will last FOREVER. This quilt is FA-NOMINAL AND YES I WILL BOAST OF THESE TWO PROJECTS AS WELL. he,he,he

So now I have finished all the cupboards for the kitchen with revamping one big one into 2 and a new one to top it off. I am beat! BEAT BEAT BEAT! What to do next??? Oh, I can finish my fun quilt.lol

No comments:

Post a Comment